Senior Telecom Research Engineer/Scientist
OQ Technology is looking for a candidate for a Senior Telecommunications Research Engineer/Scientist position to assume a leading role in a multi-disciplinary team at its facility in Luxembourg to actively participate in the technical development activities of designing a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication and participate in building and launching our first satellite.
Full Time – Permanent Employment or Consultant (on-site)
• Develop processing algorithms for Layer 1 and Layer 2 technologies for wireless telecommunication.
• Design and development of advanced algorithms and networking software for more efficient and reliable network communications in disconnected, intermittent wireless environments.
• Conduct research on wireless Layer 1 and Layer 2 technologies including theoretical analysis, innovative technical solution design, simulation and performance analysis.
• Drive the research results to improve the system design, guide or suggest for products development to ensure the product solution in alignment of requirements.
• Architect and design advanced wireless physical layer PHY air interface components and MAC for terrestrial and satellite Systems developing Link level and System level simulation tools
• Drive innovation and technical contributions to improve architect quality
• Develop and evaluate technical contributions/research through theoretical analysis and simulation
• Responsible for external interface for wireless technology collaborations
• The candidate will have an active role in advanced research projects with external partners.
• 5+ years of Solid understanding of Digital Wireless Communication Systems
• 5+ years of experience in Estimation Theory, Detection Theory, Coding Theory and Information Theory
• 5+ years of experience in Programming in Matlab and/or C/C++
• 5+ years of experience with PHY and/or MAC Simulation using C, C++ , Matlab, and other tools
• Experience and contributions in one or more of the telecommunications standards.
• Contributed or produced patents
• Able to consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion
• Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as work in a team.
• Good professional spoken and written English
• EU resident/citizen OR valid visa permit in EU
C/C++, MATLAB, NS-2/3
OQ Technology is an innovative company and a front runner in the global race of building a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication. We work closely with the European Space Agency, government institutes, and our global customers. At our company you will have a great opportunity to overtake large responsibility to build and innovate from scratch. You will be at the centre of decision making and will interface directly with industry and business professionals all around the world, an opportunity which is rarely offered in traditional corporates.
Thanks to low income tax benefits in Luxembourg, we offer an attractive compensation package for individuals and families. Luxembourg represents an attractive place for expats with a diverse international atmosphere. Due to flexible EU regulations, many expats live in France/Germany and can still be employed by Luxembourg (border-crossing).
We offer a great opportunity for you to grow and develop and make your dreams come true. If you are looking for a challenge and looking for being part of new technology innovation in the world of satellite telecommunications, OQ Technology is the right place to be.
Please send your CV and any other documents supporting your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org