Wireless MAC Systems Engineer
OQ Technology is looking for a candidate for a Wireless MAC Systems Engineer position to assume a leading role in a multi-disciplinary team at its facility in Luxembourg to actively participate in the technical development activities of designing a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication and participate in building and launching our first satellite.
Full Time – Permanent Employment or Consultant (on-site)
You will be the Principal Developer for the MAC and Protocol layers of the wireless telecommunication system (both space and terrestrial) working on packet and software development aspects of the MAC layer and will be responsible for all the related technical software development activities. You will also work closely with external partners and assume a responsible role in the team. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
• Own the system design, analysis and optimization of the MAC layer of OQ Technology satellite network
• Own the definition of control and data parts of MAC interfaces and procedures including network entry, power save etc.
• Design and develop (in software) all aspects of channel and QoS aware schedulers and refine as more data from the operation of the real network becomes available
• Understand the PHY layer design deeply and work significantly with the PHY team to jointly design and optimize for efficient usage of the channel
• Work with the Network teams to seamlessly integrate the MAC layer within the Network stack
• Integrate the MAC layer with simulation infrastructure
• Participate in architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback
• M.Sc./Ph.D. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
• 3+ years of experience with MAC software development
• Extensive experience in designing wireless MAC layer system aspects, including interfaces, processes, schedulers, power save etc.
• Extensive experience with software and hardware architecture aspects of MAC system design
• 3+ years of work experience in any of the L2, L3 protocol stack layers in broadband access technologies
• 3+ years of ARM uprocessor embedded software development (C/C++ development)
• 3+ working with PHY design teams
• 3+ years of experience in hands-on system design and development for communications protocols
• Experience in system design of very high performance software with minimum delay and limited response time, especially for embedded targets
• Experience in modeling and validating MAC protocols using simulation tools like NS3, OPNET or other
• Experience or contributions in one or more of the telecommunications standards on MAC layer.
• Understanding of network layer components such as IPv4, IPv6, Mobile IP, routing, forwarding, etc.
• Scripting ability
• Able to consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion
• Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
• Good professional spoken and written English
• EU resident/citizen or valid visa permit in EU
C/C++, ARM uprocessor embedded software programming, MATLAB, NS-3
OQ Technology is an innovative company and a front runner in the global race of building a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication. We work closely with the European Space Agency, government institutes, and our global customers. At our company you will have a great opportunity to overtake large responsibility to build and innovate from scratch. You will be at the centre of decision making and will interface directly with industry and business professionals all around the world, an opportunity which is rarely offered in traditional corporates.
Thanks to low income tax benefits in Luxembourg, we offer an attractive compensation package for individuals and families. Luxembourg represents an attractive place for expats with a diverse international atmosphere. Due to flexible EU regulations, many expats live in France/Germany and can still be employed by Luxembourg (border-crossing).
We offer a great opportunity for you to grow and develop and make your dreams come true. If you are looking for a challenge and looking for being part of new technology innovation in the world of satellite telecommunications, OQ Technology is the right place to be.
Please send your CV and any other documents supporting your application to: email@example.com