Wireless Software MAC Engineer
OQ Technology is looking for a candidate for a Wireless Software MAC Engineer to assume a leading role in a multi-disciplinary team at its facility in Luxembourg to actively participate in the technical development activities of designing a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication and participate in building and launching our first satellite.
Full Time Employment
You will be the principal investigator and developer for the MAC and protocol layers of OQ Technology satellite network. In addition, you will also be working on various software stack development beyond the MAC layer. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
- Develop the system design, analyze, and optimize the MAC layer of OQ Technology satellite network
- Define control and data parts, MAC interfaces, and procedures including network entry, power saving, etc.
- Develop efficient PHY/MAC software for embedded systems
- Understand the PHY layer design for efficient cross-layer optimization as well as for implementing key features of the full communications protocol stack
- Design and implement channel and QoS aware scheduling algorithms, and refine them as more data from operating the real network becomes available
- Participate in implementation, architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- 3+ years of experience with PHY/MAC software development for 3GPP based protocols such as LTE, LTE-Advanced, CAT-M1, NB-IoT or 5G-NR, etc.
- Experience in ARM/embedded software development (C/C++)
- 3+ years of experience in designing wireless MAC layer system aspects, including interfaces, processes, scheduler, power saving, channel priority handling, link adaptation etc.
- Experience in system design of very high-performance software with minimum delay and limited response time, especially for embedded systems
- Experience in modeling and validating MAC protocols using simulation tools like NS2, NS3, OPNET, etc.
- Understanding of network layer components such as IPv4, IPv6, Mobile IP, routing, forwarding, etc.
- Able to consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Good professional spoken and written English
- EU resident or valid visa permit in EU
Software Skills: C/C++, embedded software programming, MATLAB, NS-3
OQ Technology is an innovative company and a front runner in the global race of building a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication. We work closely with the European Space Agency, government institutes, and our global customers. At our company you will have a great opportunity to overtake large responsibility to build and innovate from scratch. You will be at the center of decision making and will interface directly with industry and business professionals all around the world, an opportunity which is rarely offered in traditional corporates.
Thanks to low income tax benefits in Luxembourg, we offer attractive compensation package for individuals and families. Luxembourg represents an attractive place for expats with a diverse international atmosphere. Due to flexible EU regulations, many expats live in France/Germany and can still be employed by Luxembourg (border-crossing).
We offer a great opportunity for you to grow and develop and make your dreams come true. If you are looking for a challenge and looking for being part of new technology innovation in the world of satellite telecommunications, OQ Technology is the right place to be.
Please send your CV and any other documents supporting your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org